Our Mission: “Improving Our Community Together”
Willowick Hearts & Hammers, Inc. is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteers to assist Willowick homeowners with needed repairs to their homes. To qualify, a homeowner must be elderly, disabled, or families with small children that meet the financial need criteria. Our goal is to enable homeowners to stay in their homes by maintaining a safe and healthy living environment.
Who We Serve
Hearts & Hammers work together helping homeowners with exterior home improvement assistance so that they may continue living independently. We provide qualified homeowners, that are in need of repairs to their homes, a safer place to live. We are a community working together to improve your home.
What We Do
Hearts & Hammers provides exterior home repairs to deserving homeowners in the City of Willowick. Typical work includes but not limited to:
- Yard clean-up
- Porch, deck and garage repair
- Wheelchair ramps and accessibility modifications
- Gutter repairs
- General yard maintenance
- Anything that you physically need help with!
Hearts & Hammers will meet individual homeowners and convey a sense of caring from our volunteers for their fellow citizens. We work with the Willowick fire department to improve the safety in every home we visit by providing smoke and CO detectors when requested. We will also provide assistance with our expertise in home rehabilitation when you are working with an outside contractor.
Any Willowick resident who feels that they are challenged with their home repairs should reach out to Hearts & Hammers for assistance. All services are provided at no cost to the homeowner.
- Homeowners that have lived in the home for at least two years. Rental properties are not included in this program.
- You must meet the financial qualifications.
- You are required to complete an application for assistance: Willowick Referral Form
- There is no guarantee that your home will be selected.
- Improvements are scheduled by a committee and there is no time frame for completion.
Please call Willowick City Hall at 440-585-3700 to see if you qualify.
Homeowners referral form is available here: Willowick Referral Form. If you are unable to download the form electronically, please contact Hearts & Hammers.
Hearts & Hammers Board Members:
Richard Regovich, President
Ann Turk, Secretary
Natalie Antosh, Treasurer